What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maid Marian pale golden ale, hopped with Azacca and Gelena. I get a pithy citrus cutting edge rather than fruit. Pleasant enough.
Begs a question. A hop new to you. How do you know how it taste, other than someone elses description?

Attachments

• 20220511_211051.jpg
    20220511_211051.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
Teasel Best Bitter (another awful pic)

Pale Malt
Caramalt
Porride Oats (Flahavans)
Crystal Malt
Chocolate Malt.

Crushed peppercorns for 5 mins in the boil

Bittered at 60mins with Fuggle, Hallertau Blanc @ 5mins. Hopstand for 15mins with Motueka & Simcoe. Same for a dry hop for three days.

Safale 04 for yeast.

RO water with 8ml lactic, 4g of Calc Chloride & Gypsum. Ph of 5.47

The recipe, I think, is on MaltMiller.

Bleedin deadly beer. Very fruitly nose. Highly recommend brewing.

Star Trek: Picard in the background

Attachments

• 20220511_214821.jpg
    20220511_214821.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7
My Weiss / Hefe.

I can’t wait for you all to see this label. It was a joint effort between me and my husband (mostly husband who is an I.T. professional). I had a big input too though, with naming the beer and deciding on the concept.

Just to be clear, I designed the recipe, brewed, fermented, and transferred it myself. I don’t want anyone to think women aren’t capable, because they certainly are.

I couldn’t be happier with it.

9B5064AD-BDA4-426D-967C-9E9B5FA86AE9.png

I designed the recipe, brewed, fermented, and transferred it myself. I don’t want anyone to think women aren’t capable, because they certainly are.
Brewing, historically, was a womans job.
All the gods associated with brewing in ancient societies were female.
One of the miracles of the Irish saint Brigid was turning bathwater into beer.

One thing I am in no doubt is women are more than capable of brewing beer (along with thousands of other things)

Cool label & beer

Brewing, historically, was a womans job.
All the gods associated with brewing in ancient societies were female.
One of the miracles of the Irish saint Brigid was turning bathwater into beer.

One thing I am in no doubt is women are more than capable of brewing beer (along with thousands of other things)

Cool label & beer

Thanks Brian!

And the thousands of other things is why he married me 🙈😬😜

My Weiss / Hefe.

I can’t wait for you all to see this label. It was a joint effort between me and my husband (mostly husband who is an I.T. professional). I had a big input too though, with naming the beer and deciding on the concept.

Just to be clear, I designed the recipe, brewed, fermented, and transferred it myself. I don’t want anyone to think women aren’t capable, because they certainly are.

I couldn’t be happier with it.

View attachment 68191
I’d hope most (all?) brewers are more enlightened.

Thanks Brian!

And the thousands of other things is why he married me 🙈😬😜
No worries Tess.

Women have been persecuted for Millenia.
I work with mostly women (who are much smarter than me) and my wife and sister are better educated and have better wages than me (fair fecks to them).
I only hope my daughter see the world becoming more fairer for women.
(That and a decent Star Wars movie).

Last edited:
Definitely not all which is why I mentioned. It’s difficult being a woman in a seemingly male oriented environment without feeling the need to prove your worth in the craft.
Sorry to hear that is your experience.
Men can be dicks sometimes.

I think I forgot to post a picture of the pale ale? 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, on to a honey golden ale. Not so sure about this one after a couple of sips, the honey is quite pronounced. I’m happy to drink it but might not order another.

View attachment 68190
I wonder about honey in a beer. I put a jar of orange blossom honey in a SAISON and could only detect a subtle taste.

I would give my left nut for my wife to brew me beer 😁

My wife hates beer and pork (muslim background, though she has cooked my a full Irish several times).

She has an amazing nose for beer, can pick out minute aromas.
My fave quote from her is
"Smells lovely, tastes like p1ss."

She also speaks three languages. Amazing person who I am blessed to be married to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back