What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vienna1.jpeg

That there Vienna 'lager'. It might not be the best beer I've ever brewed, but it's certainly one of the prettiest! Crystal-clear, and a lovely, well, bitter colour really!

Funny, really; it's clearly more like a bitter than a lager, it's malty, with quite a pronounced hop flavour. But equally, it's not a bitter, and there's a sense (mouthfeel? Perhaps something else too) where the term 'lager' doesn't seem entirely inappropriate.

Nitro adds so much, I would love to try it out on other styles too than a stout or red. I am curious how a dubbel on nitro would taste 🤔
I had the same thought. And then wondered what it would feel like if you ballsed up an entire keg of beer because of curiosity. There's a founders breakfast stout that I have made several times that is fantastic. I had the idea of putting it on nitro. Then the fear of the potential horror kicked in. If I ruined a batch of that I would not be a happy camper! In fact, I think I would go postal.

I had the same thought. And then wondered what it would feel like if you ballsed up an entire keg of beer because of curiosity. There's a founders breakfast stout that I have made several times that is fantastic. I had the idea of putting it on nitro. Then the fear of the potential horror kicked in. If I ruined a batch of that I would not be a happy camper! In fact, I think I would go postal.
Is that a terry Pratchet reference there ?

Had this on draught, years ago in Waterford and also in Buxton. Got this in Tesco for £3.50. I recall it being more meaty and punchy. Don't get me wrong, it's still nice, just doesn't taste how I remember it or like what an 8% IPA should. Perhaps my taste buds are shot (wouldn't surprise me) or my memory isn't what it was (again, wouldn't surprise me).

This is a very easy drinker and an 8% beer should have some bite behind it so you know what you are drinking. Or maybe I am just more of a dipso than I think I am? It really is 50/50

DSC_0308.JPG

Quality brewery @Donegal john
Went on the brewery tour some years ago, before they moved to letterkenny. Was a fantastic insight into a very small brewery that had just, at the time, broke into the market. Really hit home just how difficult it would be to even get started in the business.

A nice Irish red ale on nitro word be interesting. Like a pint of McCafferty's

Quality brewery @Donegal john
Went on the brewery tour some years ago, before they moved to letterkenny. Was a fantastic insight into a very small brewery that had just, at the time, broke into the market. Really hit home just how difficult it would be to even get started in the business.
And they have grown to ship beer all over the world. They opened a tap room recently at k2 in letterkenny and produce a staggering amount of beer. Fair play to them I say

And they have grown to ship beer all over the world. They opened a tap room recently at k2 in letterkenny and produce a staggering amount of beer. Fair play to them I say
I concur. Proper beer made from humble beginnings. They took a gamble and I am glad it has paid off. One of the top five breweries in the country, easy. And that includes the big boys.

All credit to them. They were one of the shining lights during the 'every cnut jumping on the bandwagon' period. Christ, there was some ropey stuff back then, e.g. Eamon Holmes beer! WTF!

I concur. Proper beer made from humble beginnings. They took a gamble and I am glad it has paid off. One of the top five breweries in the country, easy. And that includes the big boys.

All credit to them. They were one of the shining lights during the 'every cnut jumping on the bandwagon' period. Christ, there was some ropey stuff back then, e.g. Eamon Holmes beer! WTF!
I would include the White Hag and 8 degree's as well.

Ha ha had to google the eammon Holmes one. Seems it was his son with his backing (failed ) but I know what you mean. Few survived and got as big

This is going down way too easy. There are maybe 20 pints still in the keg but I've a mate calling round tomorrow for the match. That keg will take a battering. Not just blowing my own trumpet here (plus I am my own harshest critic) but this Beamish clone is very close to the original and far nicer than most pints of Guinness available these days. Which probably says more about diageo than my brewing abilities. (Fig rolls are optional)
View attachment 75730

Could you share the recipe, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back