What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I've had one of these, still a cracking IPA
20220218_193107.jpg

View attachment 63242
St Peter’s Cream Stout (kit beer)

It’s perfectly respectable if a tad more bitter than I prefer in a stout, but serves its purpose as a quick brew and is still better than a fair few stouts I‘ve had in pubs.
I done that and the st peters honey porter before trying AG. I agree with you the cream stout wasn't half bad, however I would warn against any thoughts of trying the honey porter. It had a really, really overpowering "honey" aroma and taste 🤮🤮

Getting to the end of a barrel of Geordie larger , it’s been pleasant enough but tonight I noticed a change in taste . Looking round for some lime cordial to chuck in it resorted to some black currant. This very quickly brought flashbacks to my Agricultural College days of snakebite and black or as we called it ‘diesel’ after tractor red diesel!
so braved a trip to the garden shed for a bottle of TC and hark back to my student days - homebrew style
8DC66B90-025E-4E75-B58B-85B8908CA3CC.jpeg

Had another pop at the Irish Red. It’s not what I’d planned, and I’ve had a half a dozen pints of cream ale first. But now I’m half way down I’m quite liking it again.
I’ll send a couple out next weekend for feedback before finalising the LAB brew recipe. (If you want to offer a comment, send me your address)
B06A1F1E-D8FE-4CC5-A01D-890DF73F6BF6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back