What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden ale after a long day
IMG_20221002_204601175.jpg

QC on the latest American pale. Its not fully carbed yet but almost clear. Its a bit green still with a good bitterness and a hint of juicyness. Not bad for only being bottled just over a week. We'll...it was an odd bottle that didn't have a place in a crate!

Working late and away from home. Popped into pub next door for a pint before bed. Old Peculiar on the handpull. Memories of camping at the Old Dungeon Ghyll more winters ago than I care to remember. Unfortunately, it wasn't kept well. Not off, but not as it should be either.

I do fear for cask beer. At its best, it is hands down the best beer drinking experience bar none but so much of it - especially in these troubled days for pubs - is ****. But the thought of drinking fizzy Neck Oil or industrial lager means I'll order cask again next time, more in hope than expectation.

Working late and away from home. Popped into pub next door for a pint before bed. Old Peculiar on the handpull. Memories of camping at the Old Dungeon Ghyll more winters ago than I care to remember. Unfortunately, it wasn't kept well. Not off, but not as it should be either.

I do fear for cask beer. At its best, it is hands down the best beer drinking experience bar none but so much of it - especially in these troubled days for pubs - is ****. But the thought of drinking fizzy Neck Oil or industrial lager means I'll order cask again next time, more in hope than expectation.
I have the same hope/disappointment.

Meeting in London earlier this aft, treating myself to a southern style pint for a change while I’m down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back