What are you missing because of the lock down?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M...stop nicking my "continuum"...(used in growler keg thread..)
I bet you ain't missed nuffin...havin dusted off ya Jules Verne time machine wot you knocked up dahn the arches...

A God. Damn. Costa. Coffee.
One is open here, this is the queue at least about 1/10th of it
1588889698569.jpeg

Like that's dead important... well I suppose it is normal for some...it does strike me as a bit daft as everyone else seems to have reverted to self sufficiency...

Actually I miss being able to pop into the LHBS for bits & pieces whenever I want. Its only 10 mins away.

Its open but mail order only. And when all you want is 250g of crystal malt its not really worth it! Still stewart brewing 10 mins in the other direction are doing growlers at very reasonable prices so all is not lost.

Top tip on supermarkets I forgot to mention. Iceland also trade as "The food warehouse" , i've never even seen a hint of a queue there because I think folk don't realise what it is. They sell booze too.

I’m going to miss my holidays in the sun. Strangely hoping mine this year, which is booked for mid July, remains cancelled as I’m not sure I’m going to fancy getting onto a plane with hundreds of other people anytime soon!

What I am missing the most is going out for lunch or dinner, often slips my mind momentarily and I want to ask my wife lets go out for lunch, before I realise there is nothing open.
Our Victorian premier is not easing any lock down rules, I did suspect that would be the case, he is waiting to see how the other states fare before he makes a decision.

Very little to be honest. In the past 8 weeks or so I've been out once in the car to deliver a dead sheep to the local hunt kennels for disposal, plus 3 walks out on the hills behind our house.
Only thing I'm really missing is my weekly shop in Tescos. Who'd have thought it!

Not much really, I suppose the big thing is I miss my privacy. Having wife and child both working from home means my normal work day is invaded by noisy women!

I like working from home and done it for 5 years now. I like my own company and I like the 8 hours a day I get in my office working. The sooner schools go back the better, the child can do one and wife can do one too (she's a teacher)
Peace and quiet will reign once more!

Watching football down the pub with my mates
Playing snooker with my Dad
Going the gym & sauna
Taking my wife out for dinner
Playing golf
Taking the little one swimming

Very little to be honest. In the past 8 weeks or so I've been out once in the car to deliver a dead sheep to the local hunt kennels for disposal, plus 3 walks out on the hills behind our house.
Only thing I'm really missing is my weekly shop in Tescos. Who'd have thought it!

Interesting. Your a farmer right? Have you still been working around the farm or staying indoors (like most people are supposed to)

Latest posts

Back