citra mosaic sabro nelson sauvin NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushman

Reaction score
Hey first post on here im into first couple of days fermenting a neipa just thought id try get an opinion on the recipe,

golden promis 4.8kg
carapils 400g
malted oats 1kg
wheat malt 200g
wheat flake 300g

citra 20g @10min
mosaic 20g@10min
sabro 20g@10min

citra 40g@0min
mosaic40g@0min
sabro 40g@0min
n s 30g@0min

dry hop#1 at day 3
mosaic 30g
sabro 30g
ns 30g

dry hop#2 at day 6
mosaic 40g
sabro 40g
ns 40g

i would have used citra through out prob in place of ns but i ran out so sub'd with nelson cos why not! im doing first dry hop tmrw iv got a bunch of other fruity hops if anyones got any better ideas for the dry hop, also wondering what others fermenting profile is for this style as i tend to go
day1 brew
day 2 just look at it
day 3 bang hops in the top (i use ferzilla)
day 4 look at it some more
day 5 look at it again and think about dry hopping again but dont
day 6 temp up 21 c
day 7 look at it
day 8 temp down 16 c
day 9 dry hop #2 from the bottom chamber
day 10 look at it
day 11 i dont look at it
day 12 cold crash to 2 c
day 13 or 14 rack to keg

i sometimes miss out the diacetyl rest cos iv fermented at 19 c and just keep at 19 c till cold crash but im never quite sure whats for the best??? any ideas id really appreciate.
thanks for reading

iv got:
bru1
melon
eldorado
amarillo
centennial
exp #09326
ahtanum
chinook 50g
summit 50g
and a few lager hops, the yeast is the verdant ipa dry yeast, im fermenting on 0 gravity to start and normaly stick the spunding valve on and give it a few psi soon after the first dry hop but again not 100% sure on when best to add pressure

yeh nelson was the one i was unsure about might just take your advice on that thanks

I have a hazy pale on at the min that has mosiac centennial and Azacca.
IMG_20210809_195202484_HDR.jpg
I had that earlier it had galaxy citra and mosiac. Lovely

Citra, sabro, el dorado works really well imo, I don’t use any hops in the boil now, i put all my hops in @ 78c for 30 mins.
Using verdant ipa dry yeast, dry hop day 2 and day 5.

Tropical juicy goodness !!
ferment in snubnose 18.5c @ 4 psi then up psi to 8 after 2nd dry hop ready for cold crash.

Last edited:
Citra, sabro, el dorado works really well imo, I don’t use any hops in the boil now, i put all my hops in @ 78c for 30 mins.
Using verdant ipa dry yeast, dry hop day 2 and day 5.

Tropical juicy goodress !!
ferment in snubnose 18.5c @ 4 psi then up psi to 8 after 2nd dry hop ready for cold crash.
Are you using closed transfer as well. I have seen some of your beer. They look spot on

Ditch the 10 minute addition. Cut the first dry up to 10g each and use the hops you have saved from both of these and stick them in your 2nd dry hop

Latest posts

Back