Do you brew alone or in company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely alone. I’ve had a brew buddy once (purely because my wife’s best mate and her husband were round and the husband’s grandad has written homebrew books) but prefer doing to in my own.

It’s my time. Listen to music and get the brew going.

Oh dear, i'm another lone wolf,,,,
My partner becomes a BZ (brew zombie) if I mention HLME and AG causes catatonia with drool,,,
She says, she thinks she is allergic to the *hit that pours oot my brewing gob.
But drinks my brews,,,,,, that's life! and I continue to brew and plan,,,,
Proper 2.5BB brewery next year?
More zombies on Tiree?

I brew solo normally - but during summer brewing on the patio I’ve called the wife off her lounger to help at times and she’s quite liked it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alone. I fit it in round my shifts. I like an empty house so I can lay all my stuff out with no interruptions... although I do try to get my pal interested but not getting anywhere..

Alone, I have brewed a couple of times with mates round but I end up mortal and normally make an **** of things. The wife does pop into the garage to see what stage I’m at but that’s about it normally.

Alone.
Wife doesn't drink beer and kids are at an age where they are more help than hindrance so I brew after the kitchen has been used for supper. Where possible, I try to do it on an evening when my wife is out so it doesn't intrude on family time.

Alone. No one (except me) gets in the kitchen on brew day. Just me and my tunes.

I also do the cooking, but feck that after 6hrs brewing, so always finish brew days with a take away.

My mate and I went halfers on a grainfather so we brew together when work schedules permit. I occasionally brew alone if I have a day off on my own but prefer the company to be honest. If I brew alone, I take plenty of pics so my mate can vicariously enjoy the experience.

Also, if we brew together, we usually do a double batch by mashing into the GF, pumping to the old BIAB boiler and start another mash in the GF. It's great having 2 pairs of hands when it comes to cleaning too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mainly solo on my own beers. Occasionally with other brewers, which is always nice to see how others do things, there's always a tip or trick to pick up, like improvised bits of kit.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Me and @Manxnorton have brewed together a couple of times. Good laugh which often veers into the ridiculous haha!

Brew alone mainly but every day myself and Bri and another lad Andy are swapping ideas, tips and pointers on a whatsapp group.

All good crack :)

I brew on my own now. Used to have a brew buddy, we would put on some chunk of meat to cook slowly so it would be meltingly tender by the time we cleaned up, but he got a job in Berlin and buggered off. Probably for the best, because we'd end up having a few jars and screwing something up, and now I get the lot to myself.

I used to brew with a mate most of the time (schedules allowing) until I moved to Berlin last year. I have done one brew day with a friend here and plan to do more but the to be mostly alone now due to it being difficult to synchronise free time (both have young kids).
I really like brewing together, although it is much easier to get distracted when nattering away. As I am trying to brew smaller batches more often this year most of the time it can be easier alone as I can program the BM to be ready to mash in at 6am and be done and dusted by mid morning.
Oh and I'm not IainM's mate but would be interested in swapping some beers with him.

Generally alone but have done a few with friends. I brew during the week after I drop the kids at school. Usually get done by the time they need picking up if all goes well.

I like the time to myself, to make notes, check things, and be able to concentrate on what's happening.

I do try to get friends to join in to get them into the hobby.

I used to brew with a mate most of the time (schedules allowing) until I moved to Berlin last year. I have done one brew day with a friend here and plan to do more but the to be mostly alone now due to it being difficult to synchronise free time (both have young kids).
I really like brewing together, although it is much easier to get distracted when nattering away. As I am trying to brew smaller batches more often this year most of the time it can be easier alone as I can program the BM to be ready to mash in at 6am and be done and dusted by mid morning.
Oh and I'm not IainM's mate but would be interested in swapping some beers with him.
I'll let him know, but I don't think he brews any more.

Definitely alone, I am far too intense a brewer to do it in company. I like for everything to be done my way my time and no other

Saturday morning I'm brewing with the eldest lad, we bought a grainfather a while ago. The grainfather seems to have found permanent residence at his house so I'll be there early doors so we are done before the match. We used to share the bottling, share the brew etc. Unless it's wheatbeer as I've just never been able to develop a taste for it. It's a stout this weekend, so I'll be getting my grubby paws on that.

Sunday, on my own.
I've a couple of favourite kits that to me aren't just acceptable, they're great, so I'll knock one up. That'll go in easy kegs eventually, four weekend sessions sorted.
Not done it for a while, so will nick what I need from the lad on Saturday to knock up a 10l stove top brew too. He's got well into brewing now, so hopefully he's got a suitable hop or two I've not used before. He's the brains of the outfit, so I'll let him bag up the converted recipe grainbill for me.

Sunday plans may obviously change dependent upon how obliterated we get watching the game on Saturday.

Like others I mostly brew alone, Mrs Treebeard buggers off into another room and does other things. That is until it comes to lifting the grain and sparging, she likes to be involved with that. I like to lay everything out in the kitchen for the brew, oddly, I enjoy just taking my time with the mash, sparge and boil process and prefer to stay with my kit throughout checking and re-checking my recipe. Usually with the radio on.

Back