January Brew and Swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230126_154501.jpg

Bottled yesterday, finished at 1010, so round it up to 5%, got a bit of a cold and have no sense of smell so have no idea what it's like yet. šŸ¤£

Both batches of mine have now gone down the sink. The diac won't clean up and I'm not sending **** out.

Just a shame that I've wasted two days brewing and a lot of money on ingredients, but at least I knew what was what before the swap schedule was drawn up.

2 years brewing and I've only just realised how important the diacetyl rest is! It DEFINITELY won't happen to me again šŸ™ šŸ˜”

Yes it's undrinkable unfortunately MoS.

In the first batch it was so thick and slimy it poured like syrup (kegged half). Yak. Whereas the bottled half was thin and watery.

Because I underpitched the yeast in the second batch, the ferment went really slow and therefore I think I mis-timed the dry hop additions.

Learned so much from this Rye beer though that it's going to massively help going forward.

Last edited:
Just kegged mine. It's still really cloudy despite a long cold crash. Going to try adding gelatin to it. If that doesn't work, a blindfold will be supplied with it for the swap. It tastes how I want though. Just looks horrible
Snap (apart from the gelatin).. I really enjoy mine.. Probably because my expectations are never too high.

Had a QC bottle to see how it's doing. Been 2 weeks since bottling, but quite a lovely taste. Still cloudy/hazy but I think a bit clearer than last weekend. Not sure if the aroma has reduced but the spicy and tropical flavours are therešŸ‘. My first impression tonight was that this strongly reminds me of TT Landlord. Maybe it's the sweetness I'm not sure, but I love it!! As I wasn't sure if fermentation may kick in again as it was a few points higher than planned I slightly under primed this. I think this is also a bonus as it's spot on for my preference. Will be interesting to see how this one changes over time....if you're lucky I may have a bottle or two left to swap at the end of Feb šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_20230128_175112_349.jpg
    IMG_20230128_175112_349.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
Still not clearing but itā€™s drinkable šŸ˜„ as it finished high itā€™s not got a dry finish in fact itā€™s quite moorish as the bitterness isnā€™t too high. So all in all donā€™t think itā€™s true to style at all. But I like it.

43994A70-4607-4B7D-91BA-19F68EB12905.jpeg

When are we proposing so send them out?

Still not clearing but itā€™s drinkable šŸ˜„ as it finished high itā€™s not got a dry finish in fact itā€™s quite moorish as the bitterness isnā€™t too high. So all in all donā€™t think itā€™s true to style at all. But I like it.

View attachment 81634

When are we proposing so send them out?

Certainly looks the part!

Mine still has a bit of hop haze kicking about - although I have a suspicion that has more to do with my keg's dip tube pulling from the bottom of the keg than anything else.

A-ha! Thanks for the timely reminder. We need a quick roll call. The timetable is to post out this weekend in time to review next weekend.

Iā€™m in, carbing up in keg at the minute. It was tasting great, but looking a bit cloudy at time of packaging.

Latest posts

Back