Secret Santa Beer Swap 2020!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far 35/44 are confirmed as posted (I've just PMd the other 9 a little reminder) and 29/83 arrived safely.

IMG_20201214_132735.jpg

This arrived today, lovely label.

Waiting for Santa to bring me one more.

my one is the forum xmas brew. I'm trying to find that thread so I know what beer to expect but can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a link?

Received a Stay At Home Irish stout this morning, thanks Santa!

Is this the best place to ask.... Posting your home-brew?
Do you just pack it as secure as possible and ask the courier not to break it? I guess it would need a few days at the other end to settle any sediment that has been shaken up?
Is it lucky dip on couriers or some better than others (or who to avoid?)

Do you just pack it as secure as possible and ask the courier not to break it? I guess it would need a few days at the other end to settle any sediment that has been shaken up?
I use royal mail. It's 3.10 second class for a small parcel less than 2kg. I can normally post a 500ml and a 330ml together. I normally use a small shoe box with the bottles well wrapped in bubble wrap

Wrap it up in bubble or paper,a shoe box size box will be about "small parcel" size,put some extra paper or whatever you have and tape it up. Most send via Royal Mail or is it parcel force? At your local post office...ask for second class small parcel...one bottle costs about £3.10. Plastic bottles are safer but I've received and sent a few glass with no problems.

One of mine arrived today, and what a surprise, two for the price of one. So thank you to my benevolent Secret Santa.
I hope someone recognises it, as there are no distinguishing features, other than it's some liquid in two PET bottles 🙂🍺🎅

20201214_161055.jpg

One of mine arrived today, and what a surprise, two for the price of one. So thank you to my benevolent Secret Santa.
I hope someone recognises it, as there are no distinguishing features, other than it's some liquid in two PET bottles 🙂🍺🎅

View attachment 37492
I'm pretty sure I asked people to at least give a name so they can identify it from the review thread 🤷‍♂️

Royal mail. People have used Hermes in the past but beer is on their prohibited list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back