Secret Santa Beer Swap 2020!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on using a bottling gun to make sure beer stays well carbed? Need to use one for the first time for this swap which isn't ideal!

Any tips on using a bottling gun to make sure beer stays well carbed? Need to use one for the first time for this swap which isn't ideal!
Get the bottle as cold as possible before filling 👍

Freezer cold?
At least as cold as the keg. I've never frozen them but dont think it would hurt.
Having the beer slightly overcarbed in the keg is ok too as you will inevitably lose a little carb bottling, but a low pressure on the keg while you are bottling is also helpful.

At least as cold as the keg. I've never frozen them but dont think it would hurt.
Having the beer slightly overcarbed in the keg is ok too as you will inevitably lose a little carb bottling, but a low pressure on the keg while you are bottling is also helpful.
Yeah this is my process, I usually put the gas back on the keg for 12 hours or so before I am going to bottle, then I vent a bit to slow the flow down, pour myself a pint and then immediately fill the bottles.

Do we put the reviews here or another thread?

Yeah this is my process, I usually put the gas back on the keg for 12 hours or so before I am going to bottle, then I vent a bit to slow the flow down, pour myself a pint and then immediately fill the bottles.

This was my plan but just noticed the gas was left on and I've got a leak somewhere. Hastily ordering another cannister!

Arghh secret santa! is it too late for me to get in on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back