What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the hops, something malty. Tasty.

DD023F80-2AFA-4C86-B105-31B25A2E4514.jpeg

I don’t get that. Does the scorching happen during the boil?
Yes it only happens when I use rye. I use the same boiler as you. I have tried stirring but I still get a coating around the base at the element. It's easy cleaned when fresh but a pain if you let it dry. I think others have reported the same problem

Yes it only happens when I use rye. I use the same boiler as you. I have tried stirring but I still get a coating around the base at the element. It's easy cleaned when fresh but a pain if you let it dry. I think others have reported the same problem
I need to take more notice of stuff! 😂 Next time I use Rye I’ll keep a special eye on it - someone else’s!

Had this Cruz Campo Gran Reserva last night too, nice malty lager. Draught beer is all pretty bland but still 10 times better than Carling! 🤣

I find Estrella Galicia not too bad on draught, the sin alcohol version is pretty acceptable as well when your driving. Can wise the mahou IPA is a colab with Founders and is decent.
Is the Mahou the one in brightly coloured tins? That's my best find in Spain, along with Complot ,IPA, in bottles...

I’ve managed to squeeze my all-rounder into my new fridge. Good to know that it fits (just!) So it’d be rude not to pour a glass of it! This is the husband’s low carb pale ale thingy. It's much nicer colder, rather than in my converted outbuilding (downstairs loo) where I store the beer during the colder months (about 10-12C).

07C4E992-84E5-4BE6-92F5-EBED720AF08B.jpeg
76726C77-6FE8-40D4-BD39-B312E92C5380.jpeg

Is the Mahou the one in brightly coloured tins? That's my best find in Spain, along with Complot ,IPA, in bottles...
Yup. Founders is owned by San Miguel mahou so I think it based on their all day IPA. San Miguel did one called Manila a couple of years back and it was ok. As an aside went into consum supermarket for said mahou and it was next to bottles of St Austell Tribute at 1.50 euro a pop. Doh!

Founders breakfast stout clone. Must say, this has turned out rather well. Huge coffee and chocolate hit. Nailed the abv too, give or take a couple of points. Should be about 8.5%, with the original at 8.3%. Lovely warmth. Can't see this lasting too long. Better get a couple of bottles syphoned off for @samale and @Alastair70 before she's gone.

View attachment 65591
Why have you not entered this into the freestyle month 🤷🏽

Another one from the kids 😬

Hazelnut Mochacchino Sundae, by Amundsen. They’re quickly becoming one of my new favourite breweries. It’s quite a sweet one, as per the label. Their New World IPA is a 5/5 for me.

Didn’t notice until after I’d poured it that it was 10.5%. Whoops! Oh well, I don’t have to be anywhere. 😀

D80773A2-6132-4776-AD54-8AAA3C7CD7DD.png

I’m starting with a 6.1% Indian Export Porter from @Leon103

Appearance is very dark brown, almost black, with a ruby tinge when held to the light. Toward the end of the pint I can see it’s clear. An airy light-tan head fell fairly quickly and regrouped as a ring around the glass persisting to the end. Carbonation is medium, a swirl of the glass raised a thin covering of foam.

3D67ABB5-FE1C-4870-BF4B-B6D75F1DF675.jpeg

The aroma is of bready dough and dark bread crust, quite a big hit of bitter chocolate, a little something like molasses, and mild dark fruit - prune I think.

Flavour is very similar to the aroma with the addition of liquorice. Bitterness is fairly soft and toward the end some coffee steps forward lasting into the dry finish. A nice clean beer with just a slight warmth from the alcohol becoming apparent after a pint. ;)

Thanks again Leon, another nice beer athumb..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back