What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Founders breakfast stout clone. Must say, this has turned out rather well. Huge coffee and chocolate hit. Nailed the abv too, give or take a couple of points. Should be about 8.5%, with the original at 8.3%. Lovely warmth. Can't see this lasting too long. Better get a couple of bottles syphoned off for @samale and @Alastair70 before she's gone.

DSC_0023.JPG

Had this Cruz Campo Gran Reserva last night too, nice malty lager. Draught beer is all pretty bland but still 10 times better than Carling! 🤣

I find Estrella Galicia not too bad on draught, the sin alcohol version is pretty acceptable as well when your driving. Can wise the mahou IPA is a colab with Founders and is decent.

I’ve set up my brew for tomorrow (Mild) and now taking advantage of todays bonus weather :cool:

I’m going to start with a simple check of my saisons; the one currently on tap and my competition saison. This is them, the one on tap is on the left. Both nice but even though it’s not cleared yet the competition one is better ;)

B7E21AF3-9B60-4493-A794-8E5977BEC3A6.jpeg

Music on, anyone fancy a dance round the garden?

IMG_20220328_182355.jpg

The last one was a drain cleaner, so on we go😁 Next up is Hop Rider Session IPA. I normally shy away from anything "session" 🤣 But this one has Vic Secret hops so I had to give it a go as I've got a similar brew which is just getting good. However mine is way better than this! Great can design makes me think marketing is more important than good beer. 🤔

This is a 5% German Pilsner from @Leon103

The beer is crystal clear, pale golden/yellow in colour, and has a fluffy white head. Carbonation is nice, just enough, not at the higher end of the range.

7AD7AFF0-561C-4B26-82BA-3AA64428B62A.jpeg

Aroma is bready dough and not much more when cold. A little spice appearing as it warms.

Flavour is a big hit of doughy malt, then some floral spicy notes. Bitterness follows and lingers for a while fading to a mild white pepper finish. As the beer warms the flavours are much the same but softer and the malt becoming slightly sweeter. I’ve had Pilsners that are nice when cold but nasty as they warm, not this one it just becomes more mellow.

Very nice beer Leon, I was disappointed to reach the bottom of the glass. Thank you! athumb..

Trying session IPA from kinnegar. It's a new hop compo for me. I am getting citrus, pineapple and coconut. Must be Sabro and maybe equinox, Simcoe.
It's refreshing but I am not to sure, it's not unpleasant just a bit unusual
IMG_20220328_190652317.jpg

This is a 5% German Pilsner from @Leon103

The beer is crystal clear, pale golden/yellow in colour, and has a fluffy white head. Carbonation is nice, just enough, not at the higher end of the range.

View attachment 65618

Aroma is bready dough and not much more when cold. A little spice appearing as it warms.

Flavour is a big hit of doughy malt, then some floral spicy notes. Bitterness follows and lingers for a while fading to a mild white pepper finish. As the beer warms the flavours are much the same but softer and the malt becoming slightly sweeter. I’ve had Pilsners that are nice when cold but nasty as they warm, not this one it just becomes more mellow.

Very nice beer Leon, I was disappointed to reach the bottom of the glass. Thank you! athumb..

Thanks. Pretty spot on to my thoughts, was going down well over the weekend in the sun. Carb has been corrected. When bottling I had to swap kegs because the 1st run out, I knew the 2nd keg needed a boost of co2 to bring it up a little but needed to get the bottles out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back