What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italian pilsner time. Very nice and refreshing. Slight fruitiness from the dry hop. Good carb. It is hitting the spot

Cheers @dave_77
After having issues ordering holiday beers I am glad your beers arrived.

Attachments

• 20220411_185343.jpg
    20220411_185343.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 13
We ventured back to the microbrewery/pub - sheesh it’s expensive. Tried a few different things tonight including their ‘Burton’ beer which you’d assume was supposed to be an ‘English bitter ‘ style rather than the semi sweet vaguely Belgian pint it was 🤦‍♀️., At that percentage though I’m now on the Earl grey tea as I feel decidedly odd 🤪
9FB1EF66-DDBB-4151-BD2D-85DAA42E4998.jpeg

6163C958-707C-4179-9B71-2618340607DA.jpeg

Last edited:
We ventured back to the microbrewery/pub - sheesh it’s expensive. Tried a few different things tonight including theyre ‘Burton’ beer which you’d assume was supposed to be an ‘English bitter ‘ style rather than the semi sweet vaguely Belgian pint it was 🤦‍♀️., At that percentage though I’m now on the Earl grey tea as I feel decidedly odd 🤪
View attachment 66458
View attachment 66459
How strange! They didn’t mishear you?
Like you, I’d expect an English ale.

First pint of Grey Sheep IV. So pleased with this. It is *still* a tad over-carbonated I think, but flavour, colour and clarity all good and repeatable. 26 days since bottling, so room for further improvement too.

We ventured back to the microbrewery/pub - sheesh it’s expensive. Tried a few different things tonight including theyre ‘Burton’ beer which you’d assume was supposed to be an ‘English bitter ‘ style rather than the semi sweet vaguely Belgian pint it was 🤦‍♀️., At that percentage though I’m now on the Earl grey tea as I feel decidedly odd 🤪
View attachment 66458
View attachment 66459
I remember paying €7 a pint some years ago and finding a bar that sold their own brew for €5.50 before I knew what “craft” beer was. It was packed with students and the beer was nice. In fact I just had a look on the website and I think it could be the same bar we were in all those years ago !!

The waitress was Ukrainian and spoke better English than she did French. It was definitely the strong ‘Burton Extra’ they have on the menu. I still find the French way of only paying for your drinks at the end - with a final bill - a bit odd.

I still find the French way of only paying for your drinks at the end - with a final bill - a bit odd.
Many years ago went skiing in Austria with a group of friends for a fortnight, all the beers where kept in a fridge. When you had one you just put your room number on a piece of paper and ticked how many you’d had. Oh my we really should have kept tabs on the amount we’d drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back