What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner at a cafe just a 2 minute walk from the hotel for something simple tonight. Thought I’d try this Cherry Choufee… 😳 only realised it was 8% when it arrived 🤪. Super potent concentrated cherry bomb, crikey. That’s going on the ‘interesting’ list but I don’t think I’ll be trying to copy it.
View attachment 66402
I quite like the look of that and I’ve not had it before.

Dinner at a cafe just a 2 minute walk from the hotel for something simple tonight. Thought I’d try this Cherry Choufee… 😳 only realised it was 8% when it arrived 🤪. Super potent concentrated cherry bomb, crikey. That’s going on the ‘interesting’ list but I don’t think I’ll be trying to copy it.
View attachment 66402
Kasteel do a “rouge” cherry beer as well and it’s lovely but not to everyone’s taste. Havnt had that one before though.

The last of the four beers I have on tap tonight is Summer Breeze.

8CF45B27-BC17-4EC6-BCF9-3C8A12CEA859.jpeg

@Pennine told me a while ago he didn't like kegged beer, at the time I was only bottling my beer. I can totally understand his view point now. Kegging is convenient and cool but I definitely think certain beers are better in the bottle.
Funny that, I was recently looking at getting some new kegs to start kegging again. I would agree still too that some seem to do better in the bottle, like heavier darker beers, belgians, saisons. I think the bottle gives the yeast more time to clean things up.

However i haven't been very happy with bottling in 330ml bottles and it's hard to find 500ml bottled over here. So I think it's time to give kegging another try.

Having a few brews of my 71' Bodds attempt. I used Wyeast 1968 and bottled. Probably the best one I've brewed so far trying different recipe years from Ron's site. Also this is a real pint not an American pint 🤣. It's actually pretty clear but I like my brews a little colder in general so there is some chill haze clouding it up.

PXL_20220410_233140701.jpg

My new batch of ordinary bitter which became best bitter due to the crush. Wondered why it appeared darker, one taste and realised I had used roast malt in the grain bill instead of chocolate. Still not bad at all, enhances the bitterness, good job too with 40 litres to sink.
006.JPG 003.JPG

View attachment 66402

I love that stuff - I really am a sweet tooth though and prefer beer that doesn't taste like beer 😂

The work on my brew-shed is almost complete but I’m a bit stuck until the varnish on a piece of ply dries because this piece of ply is on the critical path. Time for a beery interlude sitting in the sun with a pint of Spitfire - I still haven’t kegged my bitter and all my other beers are off-line at the moment. I’m not complaining though ;)

BC262FB6-7EAD-41AC-919A-CB7E53AC4B2D.jpeg

First beer. Not bad but anything will be good after 7 days off and pitching up the caravan to find a leak in the bathroom. Not eater pipe had come away from the mixer tap. Bitch to get back in place

Sorry no photo. Site won't allow again mikeller v brewdog

Attachments

• 20220411_155031.jpg
    20220411_155031.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
First beer. Not bad but anything will be good after 7 days off and pitching up the caravan to find a leak in the bathroom. Not eater pipe had come away from the mixer tap. Bitch to get back in place

Sorry no photo. Site won't allow again mikeller v brewdog
Where are you away to Leon, we are heading to Duinrell on Thursday for the Easter break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back