What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's drink (Well last night) was Guinness foreign extra brewed under license in Nassau
Yep, 7.5% in 32C carribean heat whilst chilling on the docks. Niiiice

Attachments

• IMG_20220417_170906.jpg
    IMG_20220417_170906.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220417_170918.jpg
    IMG_20220417_170918.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
Summer Breeze next. It does look like it has a touch of oxidation. I did suspect this might happen because I struggled when syphoning it out of the fermenter. I’ve tried to steer away from taps on fermenters but I think it might be time to reconsider. 🤔

View attachment 66918
Just get yourself a pressure Fermenter and ditch the Syphon..I never really ferment under pressure other than buildin bit of pressure at the end to start carbonation/cold crashing and then closed transfers are so much easier than mucking about with a Syphon 👌🏼

Just get yourself a pressure Fermenter and ditch the Syphon..I never really ferment under pressure other than buildin bit of pressure at the end to start carbonation/cold crashing and then closed transfers are so much easier than mucking about with a Syphon 👌🏼

Please listen to this advice H, its exactly (what I believe) makes my beers better and preserves the aroma and flavour.

Seeing out the bank holiday weekend with this Orkney ale kindly sent me by @pilgrimhudd.
Dark and malty, almost coffee bitterness with a woody background. Pours with a decent head and well carbonated,
complex fruity taste, one to sip and savour at 7%.
Crossing the boundary between ale and stout, will only improve with age I'd imagine.
Cheers, thanks for sending !
IMG_2022-04-18-19-28-21-744.jpg

It’s an option but the fermenter isn’t the problem, the problem is the transfer. If I can do transfers without a syphon it will remove my main issue and I’m thinking a tap and some hose might just be enough.

For the moment, my LIDL bargain will do me ;)

B5788A7D-386D-4949-923D-B7FB1C158474.jpeg

Seeing out the bank holiday weekend with this Orkney ale kindly sent me by @pilgrimhudd.
Dark and malty, almost coffee bitterness with a woody background. Pours with a decent head and well carbonated,
complex fruity taste, one to sip and savour at 7%.
Crossing the boundary between ale and stout, will only improve with age I'd imagine.
Cheers, thanks for sending !
View attachment 66925
I had that last week. Well made beer just needs time for the Oak to mellow out

I’m thinking a tap and some hose might just be enough.

Personally I have taps fitted to all my FVs except the one I use for wine.
The trick is to not put them too low down - if you really need to get the last litre out then you can always carefully tip the FV forward a bit.
I also remove the tap every time and clean and rinse it separately. Never had any problems.
With respect to those who like pressure fermenting, it is not and never will be a 'thing' for the style of beer I like to brew.

The trick is to not put them too low down - if you really need to get the last litre out then you can always carefully tip the FV forward a bit.
I also remove the tap every time and clean and rinse it separately. Never had any problems.
With respect to those who like pressure fermenting, it is not and never will be a 'thing' for the style of beer I like to brew.
It's all to do with what style of beer your looking to brew. Everything is fine in a normal fermenter, hop forward hazy beers are the exception. You could probably include all hop forward beers really

It is always a case of each to to their own and respect must be given to those who have different ideas.

The new generation however have discovered an exciting new way of preserving flavour and aroma and I for one am excited to embrace this as a way to enhance my beer. So far, it's a winner for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back