What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20220430_221259.jpg

Return to normal life.
Beer & a band within walking distance

Blame my terrible efficiency OG was 1.033 FG 1.009 grain bill is fairly small as well throw in a bit of luck and I have an easy to drink low ABV beer. Reason I like bitter and mild is that is a style that can give tasty easy drinking beers with fairly low ABV’s.
Ha ha,
now you're talking.
Mild and bitter was a classic working man's drink.
And you know how much I'm into beer blends.

Goodness me that’s clear - top marks 531!
Thanks for the compliment.
Yes it is stunningly clear, when it did 'hang a haze' for a while.
But then it was various generations of recovered Nottingham yeast, so I shouldn't really be surprised.
Talking of recovered yeast, there have been discussions of how many generations to safely use, not beyond 3 seems to be a general recommendation.
This beer has contributions from brews using gens. 6, 7 and 8!
Yes, I am anally retentive about sterility.
And I have no idea what 'brett' tastes like.

@Nottsbeer dunkel! Finally got round to it, a nice beer, little aroma but nice flavours, malty, toasty and sweet. As you say, a little thin perhaps for the style but I've enjoyed it. With a bit more body it would be great. 👍

Again, having an issue with pics..
Glad you enjoyed it. Will make this again with a different mash schedule to get more body, and maybe play with slightly different hops🤔. 🍻🍻

IMG_20220501_140624.jpg

Bottling day.
Drinking the FG tester of my lighter most recent Pilsner (Dortmunder looking at Palmer' book).
4.3% now, will be 4.6% when the priming sugar fermented and conditioned up.
Made it lighter so me and my guests don't fall over too early when hopefully having garden B&Bs.
The 1st Pilsner drinking now is 5.25% and too tasty for its own good. And as it's not conditioned, its 'in cask' so no bubbles to slow down its consumption.

Having so much fun, forgetting to post.

The son and DIL have popped up to the hotel to check in. I’ve recently had a verdant x unity IPA, and I’ve now got a vocation death by cherries sour. Both very nice.

68335679-447F-48A9-8EA7-6FA8261661D6.jpeg
6CE0BF93-BCC1-412D-8B5F-CA0AE8B69189.jpeg

I’m on halves and thirds by the way. Wouldn’t be able to last the day with pints! 🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back