What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is danker than the last one but very nice.

A81DCBEF-D84A-46C8-B47E-06932B2AB2A5.jpeg

Is danker a word, or would more dank be better? 😜

Southern Cross Kiwi Pils kindly sent me by @pilgrimhudd.

Lovely floral aroma on opening with zesty notes of grapefruit.
Lightly foamed head, well carbed and lovely clear honey colour with resiney, citrus flavours.
Perhaps a touch over bittered as you suggested, not in the initial sip more in the aftertaste.

Enjoyed this very much, planning on brewing something similar soon.
Thanks for sharing !

IMG_2022-02-04-18-38-18-836.jpg

Southern Cross Kiwi Pils kindly sent me by @pilgrimhudd.

Lovely floral aroma on opening with zesty notes of grapefruit.
Lightly foamed head, well carbed and lovely clear honey colour with resiney, citrus flavours.
Perhaps a touch over bittered as you suggested, not in the initial sip more in the aftertaste.

Enjoyed this very much, planning on brewing something similar soon.
Thanks for sharing !

View attachment 62497
@pilgrimhudd what sort of rate did you use southern cross. I had been interested and n using it in a Belgian pale or saison but our local brewery had found it came across very bitter and piney. What you think?

@pilgrimhudd what sort of rate did you use southern cross. I had been interested and n using it in a Belgian pale or saison but our local brewery had found it came across very bitter and piney. What you think?

Hi dave, just about to leave work, when home and settled with a beer I'll check the recipe. I thought, it was almost bitter lemon tbh, I like it it but should have made it less bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back