What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first full pint we've had of it. The other night when we were discussing diacetyl, it's was Jim's beer we were trying. This is my one.

I think mine is getting worse though from the taster I had the other day.

I did a pale ale a couple of months back and it had this taste for a few weeks too, but then went away. I thought it was the biscuit malt, but now I know better. Up until this point, I wouldn't know diacetyl if I fell over it. To me diacetyl smells and tastes like chewing on raw biscuit malt.

Love this hobby as you're always learning. You can't learn though if you don't make mistakes! :D

Last edited:
Had another stout and solved the foaming issue. The bulb in the fridge blew and took the fuse out. New fuse and fridge running again. The beer must have warmed up during the day and chilled at night 🙄
D99A3A5E-D1BC-43F4-83B6-785AEFB562BE.jpeg

Not sure but he's protestant - his wife was catholic though, but not Irish lol.

Hope I didn't cause offence. Half-Irish husband just told me I should've said priest and not vicar 😂
It’s a minefield. If you had a spare year I could walk you through it 🤪
I don’t do offended. I normally offend. Wife tells me off all the time but I never listen. If you cut me open I have “made in Ireland” through me like a bar of rock.
oh and he’s right. Priest not vicar. Only difference is vicars are allowed to sleep with women/men. Priests do it in secret with men/women/boys/girls/dogs/cats/mice/donkeys etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back