What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have partially filled the kids pool and emptied the toilet. Enjoying my next beer now.

Pressure Drop - am I being basic? 6.8% neipa.

Lovely, soft and fruity. Certainly not basic with imago 7, mosaic and simcoe listed as the hops. Can't beat a hazy from PD.

You’re taking advantage of bio-transformation there. It needs the right kind of yeast and the right kind of hops to work well (hops containing lots of thiols). If you dry hop with the wrong hops or yeast then fermentation will blow away much of the aroma you get from dry hopping.

Look into thiols. You could just search on this forum for “thiols” posted by me. I’m sure I included a link or two.
Thanks I will take a look at this when I am a tad more sober if it works adding hops alomgside the yeast if it works makes sense with Kveik when you are kegging after 4-5 days.

With the wife and youngster on dishes duties i am pouring another beer.

DURATION - Lil Helles. 3.4% I think you can guess what style it is..

Never really drink weaker beers. And I can see why. Nice enough bit find it thin. Cashmere and el dorado as the hops so not traditional. Should have kept this as tomorrow's day time beer.

Just had a Galahad from Aldi.... For the first time in a couple of years... I have been spoilt since with a variety of homebrews and other ales....

I would say the Galahad was like laying on a lilo in a pool when you are a non swimmer.. too close to water!

Kossel Brau Mariahilfer Halbdunkel...

... New to me in all sorts of ways. Never heard of the brewery before or, more importantly, a halbdunkel or half-dark lager. It's really really good. Like a top notch Vienna lager (probably a similar grain bill). Much crisper and drier than most Dunkels but so much more character than paler styles.

Anyone know anything about the halbdunkel style?
20220717_211503.jpg

20220718_171031.jpg

These are the bottling dregs from today's triple batch bottling session.
Left to right..German pilsner,clean,a bit of spice. Golden ale...floral,pithy,juicy finish. American pale...Nice aroma from the cascade and cashmere, quite bitter,juicy finish. I was a bit concerned as the golden ale and American pale were out at ambient temps but didn't really get to the mid 20s until the last couple of days. The MJ West Coast yeast used on the American pale was a bit smelly from the blow off bottle...like eggy dog farts.. but it tastes fine so not bothered.

Busy couple of days, I’m a wee bit behind with the forum: Tintagel castle, Padstow and the requisite Rick Stein fish and chips yesterday ( lovely but best not to think of the calories!). Eden project and the beach today, my youngest went paddle boarding. Back to the cottage and time for a bit of reading about the day ❤️ - oh and the OH and I are enjoying our supplies from the brewery tour at the weekend.

D28CD295-7389-46CD-9497-728FA7CD243E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back