You're stuck in quarantine with only one group / composer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly the exact opposite of metal, but anyone else like Nick Drake?

I love Nick Drake. I like music that's either very fast and very loud, or very slow and very quiet, and Nick Drake is my absolute favourite of the latter. I started listening in the early 1990s as a teenager when my Dad, a big fan of John Martin, got hold of the first Nick Drake compilation that Island issued. I got the Hannibal issue of the box set in 1997 or so. There's never been anyone quite like Nick Drake for me, a real one-off.

For me I'm torn as I would listen to multiple playlists in the car with Pink Floyd, Ellie Golding, Pink, Queen, Monsters and Men, Whitesnake, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Dio, Sabbath, Def Leppard, Thunder and the list goes on.
My daughter informed me she had to give two influences on her career as an audio technician and she put me as her dad being the most positive. She even ays guitar be it in her room but I love listening to her.
Just had a look at my vinyls and I haven't bought vinyl in over 25 years and it still gives me chills. From AC/DC, Judas Priest, Wasp, Dio, Black Sabbath, Ratt, Genesis, Whitesnake and can go on.
Roxette is another who I've turned back to recently as it was also a favourite.
I would have preferred a usb and favourite songs or artists but as it's one I have to go with AC/DC. Anyone who can tell life stories on three cords and span their career into four or five generations and keep going as they do with a complex variety of tunes that are so different but totally identifiable to who owns the tune gets my vote.

That's a difficult question. I love the old ZZ Top albums which are nice and bluesy. But on the other hand Queen, Pink Floyd, Santana and Dire Straits are also good to listen to and play. But if I have to choose it'd probably be Faithless.

Paul weller including the jam and style council.

Or I still quite like my Balearic beats so maybe Danny Rampling !

Finding it hard to choose between Bowie, Springsteen, and The Clash.
Think I'll have to say The Clash because I was just the right age at the right time, so I have a lot of gig related memories to go along with the music.

Talking of Queen and vinyl....a chap who works with me, dad,was demolition working in Liverpool. One place they ripped to bits in Liverpool he found a load of demo singles under the floor boards..by the name of Larry Lurex...Freddy Mercury...in ex student digs..

Latest posts

Back