You're stuck in quarantine with only one group / composer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Strange Steve. I wasn't taken by the opening but by the time it was getting to the end I was reaching for Dimmu Borgir (Spiritual Black Dimensions in particular) and resolving to hear more.
I love Spiritual Black Dimensions! 21 years years old now. Makes me feel old! 😂

I'd have difficulty choosing one genre let alone one artist!

In fact the only 'one thing' I'm pretty sure about is food; I'd happily eat curry for the rest of my life

Ozric Tentacles! That's a blast from the past!
They're still going, I understand. Last studio album "Technicians of the Sacred" knocked out in 2015. It's excellent, they haven't lost their touch. Like to listen to a couple of albums and then give them a break while I re-engage with reality.

Got to be Nine Inch Nails for me..... they run the whole gamut of soft lyrics and melodies right through to machine tool metal... Excellent!

A toss up between Bob Dylan and Joe Cocker, best thing with Cocker all the songs he covered he owned.

Ozric Tentacles! That's a blast from the past!
They're still going, I understand. Last studio album "Technicians of the Sacred" knocked out in 2015. It's excellent, they haven't lost their touch. Like to listen to a couple of albums and then give them a break while I re-engage with reality.

Love them too, seen them live a few times, great on stage, need to catch up with some of the newer stuff.

As interesting and enjoyable as this thread is, I suggest an alternative thread titled.
Your Significant Other is stuck in quarantine with only one group / composer

I just asked mine and the answer was amazing LOL.
Go on - you've got to tell us.
Funny thing - I moved in with my Mrs in 1979 and like everyone she had a collection of a dozen or so LPs. And since then she has never played a single one of them. Or bought any new records.

Go on then, tell us!

Mine said Ben Folds.

He’s my all time favourite musician as well (even though I answered King Gizzard here, it was due to the eclecticity of the musical output although they are awesome), and one of the few bands/artists we have in common (she tends to veer towards the pop end of the scale whereas I primarily listen to American punk, alt-country and hard rock).

To be honest, if I knew what the duration of the quarantine was going to be, I'd pick an artist/band I'd not much listened to but would remedy that and smash the back catalogue.

Beyond 'greatest hits' type stuff I've never gone deep into a few bands I like, so I'd go with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers or The Who. Or Creedence.

As interesting and enjoyable as this thread is, I suggest an alternative thread titled.

Pointing out that replying Santana and/or Chris Rea would be grounds for divorce (undoubted talents acknowledged, but mortgage music doesn't do it for me) she came out with two stonkers: Snowie White, who puts said mortgage music into a whole new league and, and, and.....
Banco de Gaia. Every time she puts on Last Train to Lhasa it's like I've never heard it before. An amazing band.

Pointing out that replying Santana and/or Chris Rea would be grounds for divorce (undoubted talents acknowledged, but mortgage music doesn't do it for me) she came out with two stonkers: Snowie White, who puts said mortgage music into a whole new league and, and, and.....
Banco de Gaia. Every time she puts on Last Train to Lhasa it's like I've never heard it before. An amazing band.
Been doing a FB thing recently re 20 albums that have had a significant impact on you at any age. Last Train To Lhasa was one of mine athumb..

Been doing a FB thing recently re 20 albums that have had a significant impact on you at any age. Last Train To Lhasa was one of mine athumb..
My Facebook feed is full of these - most are rather cringey, I’ve seen Wet Wet Wet and Keane and the likes.

I was nominated for a 7 albums you love (with reasons) and I listed the following (there were so many albums I wish I could have included):
  • Barenaked Ladies - Born on a Pirate Ship
  • King Gizzard - Nonagon Infinity
  • NOFX - Punk in Drublic
  • Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman
  • Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison and Sarah Shook and The Disarmers - Years (couldn’t decide between the 2 because my reason for loving those albums is the same, and they were released pretty much exactly 50 years apart, 1968 and 2018)
  • The Living End - Roll On
  • Foo Fighters - TNLTL

Latest posts

Back