Any tea drinkers here?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get the naming of tea from various locations in the UK... already mentioned one...then there's Yorkshire tea and even Welsh tea round here....stupid idea!

Ye... can't say that I know of any tea plantations in my neck of the woods either.

I think tea is grown somewhere in Cornwall. How can these companies get away with it when there's geographically protected products like cheese etc.

I have tried a few different brands and always come back to PG tips.
I am as common as muck. :laugh8:
Favorite brand of my parents too. Luckily they can buy it in Auchan Dunkirk. My father used to work on the ferry service (RMT of Belgium) between Dover and Ostend, it cultivated a preference for English brands.

Don't get the naming of tea from various locations in the UK... already mentioned one...then there's Yorkshire tea and even Welsh tea round here....stupid idea!

athumb.. athumb.. athumb..

If ever I tried to explain something that was a bit away from the truth my Mum would say ...

... "That sounds like tea from China!"

I only asked her the once what she meant and got the reply "Far fetched." ...

... and a clout round the ear so that I would remember; and I have! :laugh8: :laugh8:

There’s also Scottish Blend, which implies that we grow enough tea to actually blend different types!

Yorkshire tea, squeeze the bag, no sugar, mere splash of milk! about 30 times a day. It's about 9am and I'm on my third since 8am.
used to be yorkshire tea but was getting quite a few weak teabags. Swapped to glengettie, far more consistent. Nice and strong after 3 mins in pot, lots of milk and one hermesetas thank you :-)

(I'd still rather have a beer though! :laugh8:)

On the subject of sweetening; to quote George Orwell: "To those misguided people I would say: Try drinking tea without sugar for, say, a fortnight and it is very unlikely that you will ever want to ruin your tea by sweetening it again."

There's actually a cafe run by a Caribbean lady not far from where we live, she makes tea so good that it needs literally NO sweetening! It's THAT delicious! Served in a plain white mug, in one of the roughest neighbourhoods in Wolverhampton. lol

We only discovered it as we were early the day we first went to see our Patterdale pups, so needed somewhere to go sit for 10 minutes to pass the time.

Use to only ever drink loose leaf as that's how I could get good spiced teas or an earl grey variant. I'm on a chai binge just now after finding that Tesco have changed their bagged recipe and it's now nice and strong. Also like earl grey and Ceylon but a standard cuppa is just fine when it's what's available. Always beat the hell out of the bag to get full flavour from spiced teas, only bag I don't squeeze is Assam.

I drink Redbush, Camomille and peppermint tea. No caffeine for me it makes me hyper, and the last thing anyone needs is a little welshman bouncing off the walls.

I had an argument recently with my friend because I was taught as a lad to put hot water on tea bag first, but she was taught to put milk in first, damned heathen.

Added bonus with loose leaf, no plastics. I'd always thought tea bags where just paper, only found out recently they're now usually plastic.

I'm not really fussy about the brand, I tend to have either PG tips or Yorkshire tea. I pour water over it, leave for a couple of minutes, remove the bag and add a bit of milk.

I was over at head office in Copenhagen last week. They have 6 jars of various loose leaf tea in the kitchen and some weird DIY tea bags that you put your chosen tea (or mixture) into. I've tried to make tea with them on many occasions but last week I manged it for the first time without the bag coming apart. The tea wasn't great and I've made a note to take some tea bags with me next time I'm there.

Will let's get technical about this my Nan,s Tea was the best out there ... all loose tea mashed in a tea urns with the home knitted woolly cover .....3 sugar lumps in the day. With Gold top milk. With cup and saucer..... plus home made cake with homemade jam... great days ... she is 93 now.

Ceylon, strong and black with 1 sucralose tablet to sweeten, thanks.
Ceylon tea is fab... sweetener tablet I'm not so sure about.

When I stay at the Mount Lavinia Hotel in Colombo, they do a fantastic curry breakfast, goes well with good Ceylon tea.

I usually go with PG Tips, but sometimes when I'm in Whittards in Cheshire Oaks I treat myself to a box of Assam.

Latest posts

Back