Show us your beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe me, you wouldn't like it here this morning as SWMBO has all the signs of having a "Red wine hangover" ...

:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

... and the Smilies are an indication of the sympathy level available to her. :thumb:

Mine has a prosecco and Pimms hangover this morning too.

Judging by the way her and her mate were rolling about in the car on the way home I reckon they were 3 bottles down and jug of Pimms when I collected them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_20180701_210349858_HDR.jpg Just having the last of my kegged citra brew

Mine has a prosecco and Pimms hangover this morning too.

Amazingly enough and despite promises to die, SWMBO has not only stayed amongst the land of the living but after a mere 24 hours without a drink she has recovered enough to take GGDaughter to see the seals at Natureland!
:thumb:
Don't get me wrong, I have occasionally felt "fragile" myself, but never enough to stop me having another drink!
:laugh8:

Hi John Barleycorn,
I've got 2 different recipies for Archibald Arroll's 60/- Pale Ale from 1916 if you're interested?,
Cheers
Edd

Oh yes - I'd be very interested, EddtheBrew.
Would they be suitable for an all grain, one gallon brew in a bag?
I'd like to give them a try if the ingredients and methods aren't obscure.

Oh yes - I'd be very interested, EddtheBrew.
Would they be suitable for an all grain, one gallon brew in a bag?
I'd like to give them a try if the ingredients and methods aren't obscure.
Hi John ,
I'll give the recipe a look and see if its suitable , the simplest I've seen , or written so far , are the Dutton's of Blackburn ones , pretty simple mash (1 temp) and an average 1 hours boil !! ,
Cheers
Edd

This is my second attempt at Mr Beer's Bewitched Amber Ale. The first attempt was using a kit out of date and my first attempt, so it did not turn out too good. However, this is my second attempt. Two weeks in the FV and three weeks in the bottle. I was going to give it four weeks but could not wait. It is as cleat as anything in the bottle. A nice fizz when opened and as you can see a great head. A nice amount of carbination and head all the way down the glass. I did not chill the glass or drink much but was still great. I will leave for another week but very please with this range. Great taste and the amount of bubbles I want.
852832834_108808.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

this is mine, my beer and my label, its a rye beer I recently did

Attachments

• beerpic6.jpg
    beerpic6.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 87
  • beerpic8.jpg
    beerpic8.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 91
Crivens.png

Crivens! A barley wine/scotch ale/strong ale(?) that I brewed 13 months ago. The recipe is available on this website. Tasty, still a little bitter, but nice bitterness, and sweet.

Hi All ,
Has anyone got photos of brews from the recipies I've posted ? ,
I'd love to see them .
I believe Orlando has brewed the Allsopp's XLM from 1935 and posted a pic somewhere; more would be great though!! .
Cheers and happy brewing guys,
Cheers
Edd the Brew

Has anyone got photos of brews from the recipies I've posted ?

I'm sure, given a little time to get something under way, I could come up with something. Photography is one of my pastimes, so it would be an interesting project for me. I'm new to all grain brewing but I'm very willing to give it a try. Perhaps you should start a thread 'for olde ale photos' Edd.

That looks a very nice beer with a great head on it. Did it last all the way to the end?

Yes. For some reason I ended up with more carbonation than was wanted for, but no exploding bottles.

An American Blond ale from a friend. It tasted nice and kept it's head. A great drink for a Saturday movie night.
852832450_130851.jpeg
852831313_131741.jpeg

Another bottle from a friend, we did an 8 bottle swap. This is a Bock. It was nice and the head lasted till the last mouthful. A bit of a heavy drink after a full Sunday meal but still nice.
852831848_132415.jpeg
852928369_32052.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back