What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
My bangers are away with it. It was brewed October 2020. Married life can do this 😃😃

moto748

Landlord.
Reaction score
so sorry to hear that asad1 I love my california steaming done a few times now with MJ cali common and on the repeat brew list. usually around April each year when the temps are right.
I've not given up all hope; it's possible patience might win the day. But I'm not holding my breath. I was always pushing my luck at this time of the year.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bottle of Alpha greek lager and celebrating eldest smashing his GCSE results (6 nines, 4 eights). On the negative side of the equation, he has contracted covid and we can't go home as planned. After a bit of cat and mouse with the authorities we have now installed ourselves in some new digs for another week...think there is a silver lining in here somewhere.

16287774856711233851260.jpg

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C0AF55F2-1907-40EF-B338-265082A0F0DA.jpeg
Trying my Voss Saaz Pilsner smash, rather nice floral taste. On the whole very pleasant but if I made something similar again I would probably add a high AA hop at the start to give it a little more bitterness.

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Tinkering around
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottle of Alpha greek lager and celebrating eldest smashing his GCSE results (6 nines, 4 eights). On the negative side of the equation, he has contracted covid and we can't go home as planned. After a bit of cat and mouse with the authorities we have now installed ourselves in some new digs for another week...think there is a silver lining in here somewhere.

View attachment 52486
We are heading across in a few days time - are you on one of the islands?

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d ‘quality control‘ the Bloktoberfest while I was at it. Had a failure to carb with the 1L swing top I took on the boozy boys trip last weekend. I’m tempted to say it’s the best beer I’ve brewed to date, but I’ve had 3 pints of summer breeze since I poured the Irish Red. I’ll reassess that in October when it’s serving for real.

Attachments

dave_77

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mosquito American Amber from james Mortons book, first tasting, 3 weeks in bottle, tastes young, piney, resin and a bit nutty? Very nice, could do with a touch more fizz but happy with this! View attachment 52508
Sounds nice😁 fancy American Amber swap?

I'm going to be kegging my latest American Amber this weekend. I used Centennial, Simcoe and a little Amarillo.

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mosquito American Amber from james Mortons book, first tasting, 3 weeks in bottle, tastes young, piney, resin and a bit nutty? Very nice, could do with a touch more fizz but happy with this! View attachment 52508
How did you find it. I brewed it as per recipe earlier this year and it came out IPA bitter rather than Amber Ale bitter. That being said I loved it, and saw the keg off in under a month. I rebrewed since with a revised hop schedule and it was more on-style and equally good.

pilgrimhudd

Landlord.
Reaction score
How did you find it. I brewed it as per recipe earlier this year and it came out IPA bitter rather than Amber Ale bitter. That being said I loved it, and saw the keg off in under a month. I rebrewed since with a revised hop schedule and it was more on-style and equally good.
Oh... I'm not sure, I suppose maybe it is ipa bitter but the maltiness balances it out? I really like it! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.