What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning campers and Happy New Year! šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

We spent yesterday afternoon and evening at our youngest daughters playing games so no posting but I did have a beer of course. These were from a supermarket mixed box, some were quite nice but there were a couple of English pale ales that Iā€™d have tipped if Iā€™d brewed them myself.

Got some friends coming round to ours later so Iā€™ll be drinking my own beers. Iā€™m already looking forward to a few pints of English Bitter and a Tripel or two.;)

Now, what to have for breakfastā€¦

Next, another bitter, named after one of the nicest blokes I have met.

A nice enough bitter. Only ever made one bitter and it was nice enough.

Bitter is a strange one, so many variants, I never know if it's an English pale or an English bitter. Time for some reading.
Iā€™d say that these days English Pale is more of a description than a style - a bitter at the lighter end of the colour range and is of course subjective. The more distinct ā€œstyleā€ is English Golden Ale which is more like an American Pale - lighter coloured and far more about the hops.

Drinking @samale tripel, I'd heard it was lively, very well chilled, opened over sink and still almost came out my nose as I ran to the glass.

Safely in the glass though, its bleddy lovely, exactly how a tripel should be, strong (but hides it well) dry, peppery. Looks the part though due to the gush theres some bits flying about. Deceptively drinkable and I wish I had few more but I'd probably be found in the morning by my wife passed out in front of the telly.
It's a lovely beer pity I cocked up the carbonation. I had planned on entering it in the freestyle month.

Friends due very soon, just time for a swift one before they arrive. English Bitter of course ;)

65EB3971-2F59-4528-BBE3-0B4BFE6FF9C1.jpeg

We have here my golden promise only beer - itā€™s 3 and 1/2 weeks old now and was bottled as weā€™d run out of keg space. Itā€™s not as good as it could have been as the fermentation fridge was full when we made it, but itā€™s still decent.

The aroma is starting to come out and thereā€™s a nice flavour and good body. So I guess it was successful. However Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m not gonna make any beer now unless thereā€™s space in the fridge, because the two beers Iā€™ve fully temperature controlled have been my best ones.

0F30432A-6B6E-41D4-9B58-46A9E05A6146.jpeg

Started with another pint of my Golden Ale whilst cleaning up after brewing a West Coast IPA (brew day write up will be coming at some point this week...)

20220102_164217.jpg

Now onto one of the beers my sister bought me for Christmas which are made from left over bread. This one is very nice, think I might be looking out for it in the future.

20220102_185232.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back